Licences, Permits & Registration
The Environmental Services Department is Responsible for Licensing Including:-
- Issuing and enforcement of Personal & Premise licences, Club Premises Certificate & Temporary Event Notices.
- Issuing and enforcement of animal licences.
- Following up complaints about licenced premises.
- Issuing and the enforcement of Taxi and Private Hire Vehicle Licences, in addition to Private Hire Operators Licences & Taxi Drivers.
- Issuing and the enforcement of Street Trading, House to House Collections, Street Collections and Lotteries Licences.
- Issuing and the enforcement of other Licences issued under the Gambling Act.
- The publication of a Public Licensing Register
Service Plan and Enforcement Policy
We aim to provide a quality service to our customers. Listed below are documents which set out our standards, work targets and commitment to deliver a satisfactory service:
Consultation 2015 - Licensing Act 2003 - Statement of Licensing Policy
The Licensing Authority consulted on a revision to the Licensing Act 2003 - Statement of Licensing Policy between 16 July 2015 to 27 August 2015. Members approved the revised document and agreed to pass it to Council for adoption to come into effect from 7 January 2016.