Licences, Permits & Registration
The Environmental Services Department is Responsible for Licensing Including:-
- Issuing and enforcement of Personal & Premise licences, Club Premises Certificate & Temporary Event Notices.
- Issuing and enforcement of animal licences.
- Following up complaints about licenced premises.
- Issuing and the enforcement of Taxi and Private Hire Vehicle Licences, in addition to Private Hire Operators Licences & Taxi Drivers.
- Issuing and the enforcement of Street Trading, House to House Collections, Street Collections and Lotteries Licences.
- Issuing and the enforcement of other Licences issued under the Gambling Act.
- The publication of a Public Licensing Register
Service Plan and Enforcement Policy
We aim to provide a quality service to our customers. Listed below are documents which set out our standards, work targets and commitment to deliver a satisfactory service:
Animal Welfare Licensing Policy - Consultation
The Licensing Authority is currently consulting on the introduction of an animal licensing policy. The intention of this proposal is to bring together into one document all of the existing animal welfare establishment conditions in order to make it clearer for all parties. The deadline for anyone wishing to submit a comment on this proposal is 21 October 2016. The two documents below detail the proposed policy and the consultation letter which details the proposed changes to the existing conditions.
Licensing Act 2003 - Statement of Licensing Policy
Every 5 years the Licensing Authority is required to consult and publish a Statement of Licensing Policy relating to the carrying out of its functions under the Licensing Act 2003.
In accordance with the Licensing Act 2003 East Cambridgeshire District Council has reviewed its Statement of Licensing Policy to come into effect on 7 January 2016.
Public consultation on the revised Statement of Licensing Policy took place from 16 July 2015 to 27 August 2015.
The revised Statement of Licensing Policy was adopted by Full Council on 22 October 2015, and was published on 10 November 2015.
A copy of the published Statement of Licensing Policy may be viewed at the following public library within the district:
• Ely Library 6 The Cloisters Ely CB7 4ZH
A copy may also be viewed at the offices of East Cambridgeshire District Council, The Grange, Nutholt Lane, Ely, CB7 4EE between the hours of 09.00 to 16:30 Monday to Thursday and 09.00 to 16.00 Friday.
GAMBLING STATEMENT OF PRINCIPLES 2016
Every 3 years, the Licensing Authority is required to consult and publish a Statement of Principles relating to the carrying out of its functions under the Gambling Act 2005.
In accordance with the Gambling Act 2005 and Gambling Commission Guidance to Local Authorities, East Cambridgeshire District Council reviewed its Statement of Principles relating to the Gambling Act 2005 in 2015 to come into effect on 31 January 2016.
The updated policy can be found below: