Cambridgeshire County Council is working in partnership with Cambridge City, East Cambridgeshire, Fenland, Huntingdonshire and South Cambridgeshire District Councils, on an innovative new scheme to offer homeowners high-quality solar photovoltaic (PV) panels, to help deliver our vision of a zero-carbon county.
Buying solar panels made easy!
Solar panels are not complex but buying a solar system can be daunting. Solar Together Cambridgeshire is a group-buying scheme that helps you through the process, keeping you informed at every stage.
Do you already have solar panels installed?
You can also register to have battery storage added to your existing solar panels to maximise the benefits of your system. For more information please see the leaflet accompanying this letter.
How does it work?
- Registration: you can register before 6 October for free and without obligation at the Solar Together Cambridgeshire website. To register you simply provide details about your roof, such as its size and orientation.
- Auction: an ‘auction’ will be held on 6 October, when our pre-vetted solar installers will bid for the work. The more people that register, the better the deal should be for each household.
- Personal recommendation: from 26 October you will be emailed with a personal recommendation, based on your registration details. This includes your costs and specifications of your solar panel installation.
- You decide: the decision is then yours as to whether you want to accept your recommendation. There is no obligation to continue. You will have until 11 December to decide and will be invited to visit an information session.
- Installation: if you accept, the winning installer will contact you to survey your roof and set an installation date. All installations are planned to be completed by the end of May 2021.
For detailed information about likely costs, the amount of energy you can expect to generate, and lots more go to the Solar Together Cambridgeshire website.