The Council's Dog Warden carries out both enforcement and educational work, including:
- Collecting reported stray dogs, and trying to reunite them with their owners.
- Dealing with dog barking/nuisance complaints.
- Giving advice on dog attacks – please ensure any dog attacks are reported to the police.
- Giving advice on dog welfare issues – any serious animal cruelty or welfare concerns should be reported to the RSPCA on 0300 1234 555
- Education and the promotion of responsible dog ownership.
For further information on how constant barking can be avoided, see our advice leaflet for dog owners by DEFRA.