Government Plan: Living with Covid
The government is removing the remaining domestic restrictions in England. There are still steps you can take to reduce the risk of catching Covid-19:
- Get vaccinated;
- Let fresh air in if meeting indoors: or meet outside;
- Consider wearing a face covering in crowded, enclosed spaces;
- Get tested if you have Covid-19 symptoms, and stay at home if positive.
- Face coverings are not required by law. Businesses are able to decide, on the basis of a risk assessment, what policy they wish to follow in respect of customers, visitors, and staff;
- Office workers may now return to offices, again based on the company’s risk assessment;
- There is no general legal requirement to check a person’s vaccination status, or request a recent Lateral Flow Test.
There may be other changes which affect some business sectors, i.e. care homes and health setting, and other businesses may wish to continue with certain controls based on a valid risk assessment.
Further guidance on reducing the spread of respiratory infections including Covid can be found on Gov.uk's website.