Move to Plan B: changes to restrictions
The government has announced that England has moved to Plan B in response to the risks of the Omicron variant. This means:
- Face coverings are required by law in some public indoor settings, such as shops, takeaways (where there is no space for consumption of food or drink on the premises), and cinemas;
- Office works who can work from home should do so;
- Certain venues and events are required by law to check the Covid status of customers using the NHS Covid Pass or other accepted proof.
There may be other changes which affect some businesses. Read the guidance on how to stay safe for more informaiton.
Guidance for specific industries can be found below:
- Construction and other outdoor work
- Events and attractions
- Hotels and guest accommodation
- Offices, factories and labs
- Restaurants, pubs, bars, nightclubs and takeaway services
- Shops, branches and close contact services
Covid-19 risk assessment
Businesses must have controls in place to lower the risk of Covid-19 transmission within the workplace and community.
It is important that the workplace is ventilated, as adequate ventilation helps to reduce the spread of Covid-19.