Coronavirus: Financial Assistance

If you have been financially affected by COVID-19 please see information and useful links below regarding assistance with your Council Tax and Housing Benefit. Do not delay in making your claim or reporting a change as any financial support may not be backdated.

Do not delay – Claim today

Council Tax

Help with Paying Your Council Tax

Make a claim for Council Tax Reduction below if you are on a low income or your income has reduced and you have less than £16,000 in capital.
If you are already in receipt of Council Tax Reduction complete our Change of Circumstance form below to let us know about changes to your income.

Help With Paying Your Rent

Most working age people should claim help with rent costs through Universal Credit,
However, if you are pension age OR live in supported or temporary accommodation you should claim Housing Benefit using the links below.
If you are already in receipt of Housing Benefit complete our Change of Circumstance form below to let us know.

Discretionary Housing Payments

If you are already in receipt of Housing Benefit or the Housing Element of Universal Credit and are experiencing difficulty in paying your rent, make a claim for a Discretionary Housing Payment below as you may be entitled to some additional support.

Further Help and Guidance

Cambridgeshire Coronavirus Community Fund

The Cambridgeshire Coronavirus Community Fund is to help the most vulnerable people/households in our community who may be struggling with their energy bills.

The Money Advice Service

The Money Advice Service has put together a range of pages with useful information on how Coronavirus may affect your financial situation:

Coronavirus Support for Employees, DWP Benefit Claimants and Businesses

The Department for Work and Pensions has a range of extra support and measures that have been put in place to help workers, benefit claimants and businesses affected by the coronavirus.  Further information can be found on the Gov.UK website.

East Cambridgeshire District Council

The Council Tax and Benefits service is administered on behalf of ECDC by Anglia Revenues Partnership (ARP), please visit Anglia Revenues Online for further assistance.