Test and Trace Support Payment

If NHS Test and Trace tell you to self-isolate, you might be entitled to a one-off £500 payment.

You must have tested positive for coronavirus or been in close contact with someone else who has. You must also:

  • be employed or self employed
  • be unable to work from home, as a result of which you will lose income
  • be currently receiving one of the following:
    • Universal Credit
    • Working Tax Credit
    • income-based Employment and Support Allowance
    • income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
    • Income Support
    • Housing Benefit
    • Pension Credit

If you were told to self-isolate before 28 September, you are not entitled to this payment. Other support is available, depending on your situation and what type of help you need.

The scheme will run until 31 March 2021. For more information, please see our questions and answers page.

Apply for a Test and Trace Support Payment

You can apply online for a test and trace support payment using our online form below:

Or, call us on  01353 665555 to make your application by phone. You can backdate any claims to 28 September.

You may face prosecution if you have manipulated or falsified your position in order to obtain these payments, including failure to self-isolate which puts others at risk. Any payment made as a result of fraud may be subject to claw back, as may any grants paid in error.