Mepal Outdoor Activities Centre Partnership/Investment Opportunity
East Cambridgeshire District Council is seeking expressions of interest from individuals, companies or organisations interested in taking on the site of Mepal Outdoor Centre.
The Centre has operated under a trust structure since the 1980s, catering for community users and school groups. It is currently closed following a break-in and fire in December 2016, and the site has reverted to the Council as freeholder. The facilities are very tired, but it is believed that a viable business can be developed with appropriate investment and a robust business model.
The Centre is strategically located about 10 miles west of Ely. Cambridge and Peterborough are within 40 minutes drive-time, Bedford and Kettering 60 minutes, and Milton Keynes 75 minutes. The site is also served by a regular bus-service, and there are nearby rail connections at Ely and March.
The site totals approximately 12 hectares (30 acres). Facilities include:
- Water-sports lake & boathouse
- Student accommodation block (approx 38 beds) plus staff flat
- Range of land-areas
- Activity-hall, indoor climbing wall and high ropes installation
- Camping area with small amenity-block
- Extensive parking
For further information and documentation, please email: email@example.com
Formal expressions of interest should be submitted by no later than 17:00 on Monday 4th December 2017.
- Mepal Outdoor Centre Official Copy of Register of Title and Plan
- Mepal Outdoor Centre EOI Pro-forma Guidance Notes
- Mepal Outdoor Centre EOI Pro-forma
- Mepal Outdoor Centre EOI Background Information
- Mepal Outdoor Centre EOI Appendix 1: Timetable and Evaluation Matrix
Please note that no works or services are to be commissioned by the Council. This process is expected to inform the identification of a suitable operational or development partner, to whom the Council will grant a lease or freehold as appropriate. The Council reserves the right however not to proceed with any offer or submission received.