Help Contacting HMRC if you have Additional Needs

Help you can get

You can get help dealing with HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) if you find it difficult to:

  • fill in forms (for example because you have dyslexia)
  • process complicated information (for example because of anxiety or stress)
  • use the internet or phone (for example because you have a disability or can’t easily access a computer)
You can ask for help from HMRC or appoint someone to deal with HMRC for you.
There are also services available if:

Get Help from HMRC

You can either:
HMRC will decide whether to send an adviser to meet you. They can come to your home or somewhere nearby.
HMRC’s local tax offices are no longer available.

Appoint Someone to Deal with HMRC for you

If you find it difficult to deal with HMRC yourself, you can appoint someone to do it for you. This can be a friend, relative or an adviser from a voluntary organisation.
See also:
For further information: