Health and Safety Enforcement: A Practical Guide for Local Authority Enforcement Officers
East Cambridgeshire District Council is pleased to offer Health and Safety Enforcement: A practical guide for Local Authority Enforcement Officers together with Andy Lucas of Bespoke Safety.
Date: Tuesday 19 December 2017 - BOOKINGS NOW CLOSED
Using case studies, practical examples and discussion, this session seeks to equip officers with the basic tools needed to regulate Health and Safety.
Areas covered include:
- Principles of health and safety enforcement
- Access to information/guidance
- The National Local Authority Enforcement Code, application, relevance and implementation at a local level
- Enforcement Allocation
- Use of Inspectors powers
- Interventions, inspections and complaints
- Outline of health and safety regulatory framework and key legislation
- Making decisions and the using the EMM
- Service of notices
- Accident investigation refresher
Cost £62.00 per person (includes tea/coffee/hot chocolate and biscuits but NO LUNCH included). Costs are reduced by each candidate bringing their own lunch and by requesting on- line payments. CPD certificates will be issued.
Date: Tuesday 19 December 2017
Registration from: 09:00
Course starts: 09:30 Course ends: 16:00
Venue: East Cambridgeshire District Council Offices, The Grange, Nutholt Lane, Ely, Cambridgeshire CB7 4EE.
Parking and travel:
Ely station is about 15 minutes walk to the Council Offices. There is no parking at The Grange Council Offices. Local, long- stay car parks are free.
Please note that the payment is not refundable but you may substitute a colleague (please let the organisers know the name of the new person). Places are limited to 30.
Further enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 01353 665555