Our focus and actions will remain aligned with national advice. We are putting in place contingency plans to address the impact of the coronavirus outbreak on our services.
We remain open for business and as the situation develops we will continue to change and adapt our services.
Changes to our services and information:
- Building Control Inspections - suspended until further notice.
- Business Support
- Committee Meetings - Council and Committee meetings are cancelled until the end of May 2020. This includes Planning Committees arranged in March, April and May.
- Contacting the Planning Team
- Covid-19 Coordination Hub - working with communities
- Household Recycling Centres are closed.
- Markets - The market is now closed until further notice. We will re-open when it is safe to do so. In the coming days, please check our Facebook page as we will be adding details of traders offering home delivery (fruit, veg and other essentials).
- Play Areas - In line with strict Government guidelines on social distancing to help the spread of Coronavirus, ALL play areas are now closed.
- Reception Closed to the Public
- The Hive Leisure Centre - closed until further notice, for more information visit The Hive Leisure Centre
- Toilets - The toilets at Ship Lane and Palace Green are now closed in order to minimise staffing requirements during the Coronavirus lock down period. The toilets at the Cloisters and Barton Road are open.
- Waste Disposal