Claim and deal with Child Benefit for someone else

If your child has a baby 

You can claim Child Benefit for a child you are responsible for and their baby. 
If your child is claiming the Child Benefit, you can collect the payment on their behalf by talking to their bank. 
The Child Benefit Office can only pay Child Benefit into one account. This can be a joint account you share with your child, but their name must be on the account too. 

See also: