Children abroad - contact and custody

Contact the police if a child you are responsible for is at risk of being taken out of the UK without your consent.

If you live in England or Wales, find out who to contact if you want to:  

  • try to get your child returned if they have been taken abroad or are being kept abroad without your permission  

  • arrange contact with your child who is in another country  

  • get a court order for contact enforced  

If your child normally lives in: