Every year, Black History Month is celebrated in October and has been celebrated in the UK since 1987. Events which focus on a range of topics including history and heritage, arts and culture and much more are held.
The month aims to:
- promote knowledge of Black History, Culture and Heritage
- disseminate information on positive black contributions to British Society
- heighten the confidence and awareness of black people to their cultural heritage
This year, to celebrate Black History Month, there are lots of events and activities you can get involved in:
- Online events can be found on the Black History Month website
- Events taking place in Cambridgeshire
- Black History Month video and film resources
- Book recommendations from Black History Month
More information about the month can be found on the Black History Month website.