Black History Month is held annually during October and celebrates the culture, history and achievement of Britain’s African and Caribbean communities.
Black History Month aims to:
- promote knowledge of the black History, Culture and Heritage
- disseminate information on positive black contributions to British Society
- heighten the confidence and awareness of black people to their cultural heritage
Visit the Black History Month website for the latest events, news and features relating to the month.
Help us shape the council’s future policy
We are currently holding a consultation on our Equality, Diversity and Inclusion policy.
The new Equality, Diversity and Inclusion policy aims to expand on the Single Equality scheme that was previously in place, as well as set out the Council's commitment to providing an inclusive and supportive environment for staff, members, contractors and visitors that is free from discrimination.
To find out more about the consultation and take part, visit our current consultations webpage.
Events and activities from across Cambridgeshire
The Library Presents from Cambridgeshire Libraries are featuring exhibits including:
- A Waltz in New Orleans
- Border Tales by Protein Dance
- The Headwrap Diaries by Uchenna Dance
- The Elephant In The Room by Lanre Malaolu