Welcome to Transport & Streets
Find out more about ...
Cambridgeshire Future Transport Project
Absolutely - New orbital bus service around Ely
‘Absolutely’, a new orbital bus service around Ely was introduced in Ely last year, funded through S106 contributions from the new Sainsbury store. The bus service, provided by Norfolk Green, links the residential areas of Ely with the City Centre, Sainsbury’s and the railway station. Monday-Friday services run approximately every hour between 7am and 7pm, with buses timed to meet the main trains to and from Cambridge and London in the rush hours. Buses during the day drop off and pick up from the bus stop on Broad Street close to Back Hill, a short walk from the station. Certain buses also call at the Princess of Wales Hospital. On Saturdays, services run between 8.30am and 4.30pm.
The bus calls at the following bus stops:
- Broad Street Back Hill
- Sainsbury's Lisle Lane
- High Barns school
- Ely Market Street stop D
- Cambridge Road Tower Road
- Norfolk Road Warwick Drive
- Beresford Road Alexander Chase
- West Fen Road Chiefs Street
- Benedict Street Priors Court
- Downham Road Community College
- Cam Drive Stour Green
- Princess of Wales Hospital
- King's Avenue Longchamp Drive
- Prickwillow Road Henley Way
- Lynn Road Buckingham Drive
The service runs from approximately 7am to 7pm, six days a week.
CamShare is a free online car sharing and BikeBUDi scheme for the general public. Register as:
- car driver and or passenger
- regular cyclist
- cyclist trying a new route
Visit camshare.co.uk to see how you can win exciting prizes!