Mature & Active Programme
East Cambridgeshire’s Mature and Active Programme provides an exciting range of activities for the over 50’s. All activities provided are accessible, safe, fun and affordable with the chance to make a few new friends, catering from beginner to advanced members.
East Cambridgeshire District Council works in partnership with local leisure centres and sport facilities to provide activities in your local area.
Remaining active as you get older is essential to maintaining and improving your health and wellbeing. The proven medical benefits to being active are:
- up to a 35% lower risk of coronary heart disease and stroke
- up to a 50% lower risk of type 2 diabetes
- up to a 50% lower risk of colon cancer
- up to a 20% lower risk of breast cancer
- a 30% lower risk of early death
- up to an 83% lower risk of osteoarthritis
- up to a 68% lower risk of hip fracture
- a 30% lower risk of falls (among older adults)
- up to a 30% lower risk of depression
- up to a 30% lower risk of dementia
For more information about keeping active visit the NHS website: https://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/fitness/Pages/Whybeactive.aspx
NEW! Kurling session at Isleham.
The Beeches in Isleham is providing a kurling session for people aged 50+ and the wider community. View the poster for details.
See the latest version of the Mature and Active Programme brochure.
If you would like more information about the Mature and Active Programme please contact your local leisure centre, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01353 665555.