Planning Applications Online
Visitors to the Council's website can now view planning applications online using the "Public Access" Internet Service. This service allows you to:
- view details about planning & tree work applications being considered by the Council,
- monitor progress of applications,
- submit comments (See our Submitting Comments page)
- Make an objection
- View Screening & Scoping opinion requests (for information only)
The information is constantly updated and includes a weekly list facility of live, and decided, applications. Hopefully, Public Access is user friendly, but we have produced a guide to help you through the steps:
Please note that any information provided by individuals submitting planning applications and/or providing comments on planning applications, will be published on the Councils website.
Plans, drawings and materials submitted to the Council are protected by Copyright (Section 47, 1988 Act). You may only use material which is downloaded and/or printed, for consultation purposes, to compare current application with previous schemes, or to check whether development has been completed in accordance with approved plans. Further copies must not be made without prior permission of the Copyright Owner.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION - Please note the following:
- In order to use the facilities provided by Public Access you will need to use Microsoft Internet Explorer Version 5 or newer if you wish to use the map element of the site. Other browsers are supported for non-map based usage.
- Public access to planning applications is available online between 7am and 12 midnight daily.
- This online service continues to be developed, and at present is showing documents received after 1 April 2009. If you wish to see the full case file, please contact the Council's offices to arrange an appointment.
- Limited constraint information is available, but there may be information not displayed, so you are advised to contact Development Services for more details.
- Historical application information is incomplete and must not be used as an alternative to carrying out a formal Land Charge Search.
- Details of previous applications currently dates back to 1991. No responsibility will be taken for any errors/omissions in the planning history.
- Please note decision notices are only available in PDF format from 2005 onwards.
Please take a look at our user guide to help you make the best use of Public Access.
Under normal circumstances the plans and documents associated with new planning applications will be able to be viewed within 5 working days of receipt of the application. If none are displayed at the time you look, you may wish to try a few days later or if you do not have access to a computer at home, you are able to use the public computers at the Council Offices during normal office hours. Alternatively, an appointment can be made to view the working file by contacting the Support Team on 01353 665555 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org and give 48 hours notice of which file you wish to view, including the planning reference number.
Every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of property data. However, if you find a problem relating to a property address, please email our ICT support staff with the relevant details and they will look into the matter for you.