Local Planning Guidance
The East Cambridgeshire District Council Core Strategy is the current Local Planning Policy Document. The Council is currently in the examination process for the adoption of its the draft Local Plan which will superceed the Core Strategy once adopted. These documents are available to view using the links below.
We have also produced the following supplementary planning documents that should be used to help form high quality, comprehensive proposals:
East Cambridgeshire District Council has produced a number of guidance leaflets that provide some basic information relating to different parts of the planning process. You can view or download these leaflets below. If you require any further information please contact the Duty Planning Officer.
N.B. Some of these leaflets may be out of date. The Council is currently undertaking a program of updating its guidance leaflets.
- Pre-application advice
- A guide to making a planning application
- A guide to the planning application process
- What happens once your planning application has been determined
- Neighbour notification procedures
- Section 106 contributions
- Submitting your material sample
- Building a porch
- Planning for renewable energy
- Affordable Housing
- Article 4 Directions
- Conservation Areas
- Listed Buildings
- Trees & Hedgerows
- A basic guide to pruning trees
- Speaking on planning applications
- A guide to planning enforcement
Form more information on External wall insulation please see here