Fixed Penalty Parking Tickets
Fixed penalty parking tickets are issued for the following offences:
- Staying in a car park over the time limit
- Parking in a disabled parking space without displaying a disabled badge
- Parking outside a marked parking space
- Parking on yellow markings, within car parks - including access roads
- Parking in a parking space designated for other types of vehicle
- Parking in more than one parking space
- Returning to the car park within two hour of leaving it
Parking Penalty Charge Ticket- How to Pay
A fixed penalty charge payment may be taken in person or sent by post to:
Head of Legal & Democratic Services
East Cambridgeshire District Council
Telephone: 01353 665555
Monday -Thursday 8:45am - 4:30pm
Friday 8:45am - 4:00pm
Payment may be made by credit card, debit card, money order, postal order or cheque and must accompany the fixed penalty notice slip. Cheques, money orders and postal orders should be made payable to 'East Cambridgeshire District Council' and crossed. You must quote your ticket reference number on the reverse of the cheque.
Alternatively, payment can be made by debit or credit card via telephone. Please note that there is a surcharge when payment is made by credit card.
It is not possible to pay online at the moment.
Discount - When Must Payment Be Made?
£50.00 is payable if payment is received by 4:00pm on the 14th day following the date of the ticket.
£60.00 is payable if payment is received by 4:00pm thereafter until the 28th day following the date of the ticket.
Should the Council's offices be closed on these days, payment must be received on the first normal working day thereafter.
Parking Penalty Charge Ticket - How to Appeal
If you have received a parking penalty charge ticket in one of the Council's off-street car parks and don't think you should have received one, you can appeal in a number of ways:-
- In person by coming into the Council Offices at the Grange (Monday-Thursday 8-45-5.00, Friday 8-45-4.30). You may be asked to put the details in writing.
- By writing to the Head of Legal Services at East Cambridgeshire District Council, The Grange, Nutholt lane, Ely, Cambridgeshire, CB7 4EE - you can download a PDF version of the form for completion.
- You can also appeal against a parking penalty by using our online appeal form.
All appeals must be received in writing not later than the last day of the period of 14 days beginning with the date on which the notice is served.
Appealing against a Parking Penalty Charge - Information Required
Tell us where you were parked and when - give us your name, the parking ticket number and the make and registration number of your car, then explain to us why you think you should not be liable to a penalty charge.
Give us a name and address or telephone number or e-mail address so we can get back to you.
N.B. If your parking ticket is for an on-street parking infringement, the appropriate contact details will be on the ticket.
Appealing against a Parking Penalty Charge - when to expect a reply
We aim to acknowledge receipt of written or e-mail appeals within 2 working days and provide a substantive reply to your appeal within 10 working days.