The Council is focused on the prevention of homelessness and community safety. Your role will be to provide direction to the Council on Community Safety issues.
With excellent communication and interpersonal skills and previous experience of working in community development or any related field you will be confident to work with a range of agencies, Council Officers and Members, to devise, implement, monitor and evaluate a community safety strategy.
You will need strong organisational skills and have the ability to work with minimum supervision and be willing to assist with the out of hour’s emergency advice service.
Your duties will include:
- Provide support to the East Cambs Community Safety Partnership Board and Delivery Group.
- Manage and Deliver projects assigned to the Council’s Community Safety service area
- Assist in the management of relevant budgets allocated to the achievement of Community Safety strategies
- Promote partnership working with a variety of relevant agencies, statutory and non-statutory
- Represent the Council on inter-agency groups that assist in directing and coordinating the work of the Community Safety Programme
Any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Services check.
In return, the Council offers a range of benefits including:
- flexible working
- childcare scheme (in approved cases)
- occupational health programme
- training and development
- essential car user allowance
- holiday, sickness and salary pension scheme entitlements
The Council is an equal opportunities employer.
For an informal discussion about the post, please contact Customer services on (01353) 665555.
You can apply for this vacancy online or download an application form for completion by selecting one of the options below:
The Council is currently in the process of implementing a new pay and grading structure. Please be advised that the salary offered to the successful candidate may change as a result of the review.