The East Cambridgeshire Health & Wellbeing partnership brings together leaders from local organisations which have a strong influence on health and wellbeing, including the commissioning of health, social care and public health services.
Its focus is on planning the right services for East Cambridgeshire and securing the best possible health and wellbeing outcomes for all residents.
The purposes East Cambridgeshire Local Health and Wellbeing partnership are to:
- Provide a forum for the wider engagement of parties interested in health, including mental health, and related issues so that they may jointly evolve solutions to protect and improve the health and well-being of residents in East Cambridgeshire.
- Provide leadership and strategic direction to local partner organisations to enable them to contribute to improving the health and well-being of the people of East Cambridge.
- Provide local information, to the Cambridgeshire Health and Well-being Board and Districts’ Forum, related to health and well-being within East Cambridgeshire and the impact (actual or potential) of any relevant: policy changes, service changes, proposals, and/or identified need.
- Consider existing issues, or those likely to arise, that may: require interventions to protect the health of people in East Cambridgeshire, affect a determinant of health, improve public health or affect change to services impacting on health/care services.
- Ensure the delivery and implementation of local health improvement and well-being priorities, in partnership, as identified in the Cambridgeshire – Health & Well-Being Strategy - and in the local action plans.