Building Control Inspections
The Regulations require that the person for whom the work is being carried out shall give the Local Authority notice of certain stages of work. The relevant stages (where applicable) are as follows :
- Commencement of works
- Excavations for foundations
- Brick footings on concrete foundations
- Hard-core ground floor, beams/reinforcement
- Damp proof course laid
- Roof structure prior to internal cladding. Please Note that whilst this is not a statutory inspection request we are happy to carry it out if notified to avoid abortive work.
- Drains: Foulwater/rainwater
- Manholes: Foulwater/rainwater
- Occupation of building or part of building
It may be necessary for additional inspections to be made at key stages. This could be organised with the Surveyor at the time of commencement of works.